Looking for a fun and creative activity to keep your kids entertained? Look no further than homemade playdough! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also a great way to engage your child’s senses and encourage their imagination. In this blog post, we’ll share the 5 best homemade playdough recipes that are sure to delight both parents and teachers alike.
From traditional doughs to scented playdough, there’s something for everyone. So gather your ingredients and get ready for hours of squishy, colorful fun with these easy playdough recipes!
How to Make Playdough – 5 Best Homemade Recipes.
1. Cornstarch Traditional Playdough
Making homemade playdough with cornstarch is a fun and easy activity that you can do with your kids. Not only is it a great way to keep them entertained, but it also allows them to explore their creativity and sensory skills. To make the play dough, you will need-
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- 2-3 drops of food coloring of your choice(optional)
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, mix the cornstarch, baking soda, and water until smooth
- Then add the vegetable oil and cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens
- Once it has cooled down, divide it into smaller portions and add a few drops of food coloring to each portion.
- Knead the dough until the color is evenly distributed and enjoy hours of fun molding and shaping your very own playdough creations!
2. Playdough Recipe With Cream Of Tartar
Are you tired of spending a fortune on store-bought playdough that dries out after just a few uses? Look no further! Here is an easy playdough recipe for preschool which is also cost-effective- made by using the cream of tartar that will keep your little ones entertained for hours. Not only is homemade playdough softer and longer-lasting, but it’s also a great sensory activity for children. So grab your apron and let’s get cooking – your kids will thank you!
- 1 cup Flour (All purpose flour)
- 2 Tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup of salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- Optional food coloring
- Add flour, cream of tartar, salt, vegetable oil, food coloring, and water to a pan. Mix everything together.
- Cook the mixture created on medium flame. Remember to keep stirring the mixture while you cook it.
- As the mixture thickens and starts clustering, allow the mixture to cool down.
- Place the mixture on a plate or wax paper to let it cool further.
- The play dough is all ready to utilize. You can make playdough of as many colors as you want.
3. Playdough Recipe Without Cream Of Tartar
Looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your kids or students? Making homemade playdough is the perfect solution! This playdough recipe cooked is easy and inexpensive, and it also provides hours of entertainment for children of all ages. Here is a simple playdough recipe without cream of tartar. So grab your apron and get ready to unleash your inner artist with this homemade playdough recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Optional food coloring
- Add flour and salt into a container and mix them,
- Add water, lemon juice, vegetable oil, and food coloring in a pan and cook them on low to medium flame.
- Mix the dry mixture of flour and salt with the water and lemon juice mixture. Cook the mixture for about 3-4 minutes, Do not overcook the mixture.
- Do not rush the process and mix the mixture slowly and easily. Mix till the mixture starts to gather around the spoon.
- Place the mixture on wax paper or a plate and let it cool down. Enjoy the easy playdough recipe with the kids.
4. Edible Playdough Recipe
Are you tired of the same old playdough recipes that leave a mess everywhere? Well, get ready to bring some joy and excitement into your little one’s world with this edible playdough recipe! Not only is it safe for kids to play with, but they can also eat it too! Here is a simple and edible playdough recipe that will keep your children entertained for hours. So grab your apron and let’s get cooking – or should I say, playing!
- 1 cup marshmallow
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Optional food coloring
- Add marshmallows, cornstarch, and coconut oil in microwave friendly container.
- Put the mixture in the microwave and heat it for 1-2 minutes.
- Remember to keep stirring the mixture every 20-30 seconds as the marshmallows melt and the materials get mixed together thoroughly.
- Let the mixture cool down and place it on wax paper or a plate.
- If the mixture feels too sticky, you can add more cornstarch to balance it.
- Your playdough is ready to be used and it can be stored for a week as well.
5. Oatmeal Playdough Recipes
Are you tired of the same old playdough recipes that your kids quickly lose interest in? Look no further! This is an exciting and amazing alternative – oatmeal playdough recipe. Not only will your little ones have a blast molding and shaping their creations, but they can also enjoy a tasty treat when they’re done.
Whether you’re a teacher looking for a fun activity for your classroom or a parent wanting to keep your kids entertained at home, this edible playdough recipe is sure to bring joy and laughter to everyone involved. So grab your aprons and let’s get cooking!
- 2 cup Oatmeal
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Water
- Start by gathering all the ingredients together i.e- flour, oatmeal, and water
- Slowly, start mixing all the ingredients in a container.
- Thoroughly mix and knead it till dough-like consistency is achieved.
- If the mixture appears too sticky, add some more flour.
- Store the mixture in the refrigerator.
The traditional Playdough recipe is made with just 3 ingredients using- oatmeal, flour, and water is a super fun and easy homemade 3 ingredients playdough recipe. All you need is these 3 ingredients and some optional food coloring.
Collect all the materials together and mix them. Knead the dough properly.
You can make the play dough at home with just 4 ingredients that are easily available. All you will need is cornstarch, baking soda, vegetable oil, and water for a homemade Playdough recipe.
There are a lot of homemade Playdough recipes available but the one that makes the best one is the Playdough recipe with cream of tartar. This playdough recipe is super easy to make and is like a store-bought playdough. All you will need is cream of tartar, flour, salt, vegetable oil, and water to make the easiest and the best Playdough recipe.
Edible Homemade Playdough is made using marshmallows and other safe edible products and is safe for kids to play with.
Homemade Playdough can be cheaper when compared to store-bought Playdough as most of the ingredients required to make the Playdough are mostly available in households and if not, they can be bought easily from a store.